Sign in to follow this  
GM Luna

Crimson Crush

7l5wfjW.png

Crimson Crush

It's sad to see such beautiful weapons go away. Nevertheless, we have good news for everyone! We will be doing a weapon exchange for those who are about to lose their crimson weapons. Here is how it works:

A player goes to a GM and trades a Crimson Weapon for one of the following weapons below. You can only get one weapon per character and per account. You will be rewarded with bundles and other items if you turn in all of your remaining Crimson Weapons. Why keep them anyway? They're getting deleted!

Weapons are restricted by class, so if you are a Monk and if you are asking for Wizard weapons, it won't work. Stick to your class, character and account. Only three characters may receive a new weapon under one account. Also, only two accounts may participate from this event. This means if you have more than one account, feel free to participate and enjoy the goods. 

For those who roam wild and free:
-3 characters per account may claim these goods.
-One weapon per character. 
-Only 2 accounts per player (this means up to 6 characters can claim the weapon exchange.)
-Characters must be level 70 or more. No buts!
-Excess Crimson Weapons will be used to obtain free bundles and gifts. 
-Every player gets a free bundle! (1 Oridecon Box, 1 Safe Ticket +7)
-If Alchemists and Blacksmiths see a weapon another class is using and they deem it useful/they're able to use it, you can ask for it but you will still receive one weapon only.

This event will last for two weeks. Make sure you get your equivalent weapon and bundles before then because every Crimson Weapon will be deleted
 until episode 15.1.

Weapons

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

If you turn in more than 10 Crimson Weapons, you will receive the following:

1. Extra Oridecon Box (10)
  2. Safe Tickets (+7) x1 (20)
  3. Safe Tickets (+7)  x3 (30)
  4. Extra Oridecon Box x2 (40)
  5. Extra Oridecon Box x3 (50+)

You will only get these rewards per account, per character. Don't think of spreading Crimson Weapons to get every reward. Think wisely!
These gifts roll over to the next tier! It means if you turn in 50 Crimson Weapons, you get every gift from the tiers before your current one at least once.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Can i simply ask... Why you chose to get rid of the crimsons?

After you even made a poll.. and more than double the players voted to keep them over taking them out.

Edited by KevVv
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

So I promised to compile the thoughts of the Valkyrie community on discord (though I may not speak for everyone in Valkyries), here goes.

1, Why are we jumping to removal when we decided that we didn't want removal? Is it because some, including myself, said that removal would be better than nerfing the drop rates to 0.01%? In my case, I only said that because nerfing the drop rates was literally the worst possible solution - I just didn't want to be rude about it. Many of us feel like you didn't take the poll, that is to say, the voice of half the community, seriously.

2, While I (personally) applaud you for making this event and at least trying to make it fair for everyone, most of our community feel we are instead being punished for a problem YOU caused (by implementing the weapons in the first place). This just isn't good enough, which takes me to point 3.

3, This compensation just isn't good enough. I can understand making this event as uniform as possible to avoid as much work as possible, but offering mostly useless weapons (I can speak for the monk selection - who on earth would ever use anything other than a stunner? Get real, those choices are terrible!), at maximum refinement level of 6 or 7? What if I have 9 characters all with +9 crimson weapons (I don't, but principle!)? Why restrict it by class? I'm honestly just curious, it doesn't really matter that you did, but it doesn't make any sense whatsoever either. Why preferential compensation for Alchemists and Blacksmiths? Also, is it one compensation weapon per account or three, your're contradicting yourself at the beginning of your post with what you say later.

You should have at least offered a more varied choice (or free choice) of current (pertaining to the episode we're on) tier 3 weapons, with the same refinement level as the crimson weapon we're turning in. This of course means that if I only have +5's, then I should get a +5 compensation weapon. If I have a +10 crimson weapon, I should get a +10 compensation weapon.

Last but not least, 4. What about slotted cards? There is a chance to break the item you're desocketing, which means there would be nothing to trade in. There is this fantastic katar on the server, if I recall it's +10 with skel worker and hydra. Should the owner of this weapon risk breaking it to get the cards out? If he gave it to you (or whichever GM is there at the time), with cards inside,  would he have the cards returned?

Edit: I would also like to point out that Cinquedea, offered to Assassins/Rogues, is a novice/supernovice only item.

Edited by HFK
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, HFK said:

So I promised to compile the thoughts of the Valkyrie community on discord (though I may not speak for everyone in Valkyries), here goes.

1, Why are we jumping to removal when we decided that we didn't want removal? Is it because some, including myself, said that removal would be better than nerfing the drop rates to 0.01%? In my case, I only said that because nerfing the drop rates was literally the worst possible solution - I just didn't want to be rude about it. Many of us feel like you didn't take the poll, that is to say, the voice of half the community, seriously.

2, While I (personally) applaud you for making this event and at least trying to make it fair for everyone, most of our community feel we are instead being punished for a problem YOU caused (by implementing the weapons in the first place). This just isn't good enough, which takes me to point 3.

3, This compensation just isn't good enough. I can understand making this event as uniform as possible to avoid as much work as possible, but offering mostly useless weapons (I can speak for the monk selection - who on earth would ever use anything other than a stunner? Get real, those choices are terrible!), at maximum refinement level of 6 or 7? What if I have 9 characters all with +9 crimson weapons (I don't, but principle!)? Why restrict it by class? I'm honestly just curious, it doesn't really matter that you did, but it doesn't make any sense whatsoever either. Why preferential compensation for Alchemists and Blacksmiths? Also, is it one compensation weapon per account or three, your're contradicting yourself at the beginning of your post with what you say later.

You should have at least offered a more varied choice (or free choice) of current (pertaining to the episode we're on) tier 3 weapons, with the same refinement level as the crimson weapon we're turning in. This of course means that if I only have +5's, then I should get a +5 compensation weapon. If I have a +10 crimson weapon, I should get a +10 compensation weapon.

Last but not least, 4. What about slotted cards? There is a chance to break the item you're desocketing, which means there would be nothing to trade in. There is this fantastic katar on the server, if I recall it's +10 with skel worker and hydra. Should the owner of this weapon risk breaking it to get the cards out? If he gave it to you (or whichever GM is there at the time), with cards inside,  would he have the cards returned?

Edit: I would also like to point out that Cinquedea, offered to Assassins/Rogues, is a novice/supernovice only item.

You people are so conceited. You are lucky the GMs are giving you the chance to keep a weapon equivalent. They could've chosen to remove everything and move on.

Edited by Shanna
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, HFK said:

Lemme first clarify that the compensation list above is just simply a baseline/sketch for everyone and we're still going to make changes to it.  ( *Update* again, this is a guideline and NOT the literal / finalized list at all. Please do not treat this list as an ultimatum. )

Crimson Weapons IS a mistake on our part. Make no mistake of that. But it is just way too game-breaking. And if you were any bit a genuine RO veteran, than it shouldn't surprise you at all, that these are the kinds of set equips that CAN break a server from a potential-standpoint. Did you know that one of the major reasons why iRO failed miserably at resuscitating it's in-game economy and community was ironically because of the *Eden Quest Weapons* ? Because = Equality, right? It killed the individuality of what RO communities were, in terms of classes.

I would also be rudely remiss, if I didn't point out that a lot of successful RO private servers that endured the longest during the past decade, implemented the holy grail of server balancing. * Hard. Server. Wipe * , not counting shop-dependent servers like Talon RO. 

Now I am personally going to help with this compensation myself, as I admit, work has drawn my terrible absence from my ( supposed ) duties as a GM as well and I still haven't really gotten a complete hold of this situation and what's really going on, on the ground. But don't delude yourself into thinking that you can use Crimson Weapons as a comparative subject to this issue, because *it. is. a. mistake*. We will try to compensate, but not in the form of any singular weapon in raw equal power. We can try to include additions on top of that. If I personally made a careless blunder of enabling God Items as a mob drop, and tried to make amends by compensating, then any of you, would be pretty selfish to demand equal, singular, compensation. I, myself have played RO for over 10 years and I've seen this exact same reaction. But more often than not, it has nothing to do with understanding or helping with the server. It's all about payback.

Digressing back on track, if anyone here would like to help out ( genuinely ) with the compensation, I would honestly appreciate every screenshot you can spare on your warehouse of crimson items, carded slots, etc ( including the possibility of an ethereal +9 or +10 because hard proof actually helps a lot, right now )

*There is this fantastic katar on the server, if I recall it's +10 with skel worker and hydra.* ---> Since you kindly brought this up, could you do me a favor and dig into this for me? Or could the owner of the afformentioned +10 katar with skel worker and hydra, do please drop me your IGN and screenshot please. I will personally try to help reimburse your loss.

I'm not here to spit on anyone's efforts in obtaining these Crimson Weapons. Time spent cannot be truly bought back ( even if i gave you all a warehouse full of god items and Tier 3 MvP cards ) So we'll do what we can, but only with your help, and certainly not at the expense of this server's future potential.

(( Please and Thank You ))

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shanna said:

You people are so conceited. You are lucky the GMs are giving you the chance to keep a weapon equivalent. They could've chosen to remove everything and move on.

Honey, calm down , S'il vous plaît. We're at fault here as well. This won't help with the reimbursing.

• Like 1

I really appreciate you responding to our concerns in earnest. I want to clarify that we aren't asking for equivalent weapons in terms of power, but in terms of current episode content. I also asked for tier 3 weapons, other than crimsons and possibly other renewal items, there are no godly tier 3 weapons. We are not demanding equal compensation in terms of weaponry (besides, we alm know there is no such thing). The most important and stressing of our concerns is that we be compensated for time spent. We do not care that we will be weaker after this than we were before, but we do care about the time we spent farming dozens if not hundreds of katars, hundreds if not thousands of oridecon, to get a single weapon to +10. Important to clarify that I, personally, did no such thing, but a number of guildies combined effort to get ArlsxD that sexy sexy katar.

Everyone also agrees that crimson weapons are just.. bad for everything, the way they are. The fact of the matter, however, is still that we were allowed a vote to keep them. We soon agreed that if anything, a nerf would be in order. That is not to say that we should. At this point most of us agree on removal, the only concern, obviously, is with the compensation.

Off topic, but please, Shanna. We're all adults here, we know they could just choose to remove them, but they, too, are adults. You know, people capable of conversation. These are legitimate (albeit biased) concerns. If your inability to comprehend what you read is what is compelling you to spout such childish nonsense, I beg of you to either grow up and use real people words, that are not just loaded with petty insults, or just leave the conversation entirely. Not once have you contributed to a discussion on these forums without stooping to childish pedantry and namecalling. I'm done treating you as a member of any discussion from now on untill this changes.

• Like 2

Thanks for clarification. At least we're getting somewhere now. We'll continue to work on a new list for now, for everyone's sake.

*Stay Tuned, everyone*

-cheers-

• Like 1

Lizzy will have an assembly with different members to reach an agreement for the weapon roster. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Cool cool, I like the premise of this more creative approach to compensation. Looking forward to see what it and the list looks like as it gets closer.

EDIT: oh but one thing just throwing it out there not a request or anything; I have a few crimson weapons I farmed for alts around 60ish that I haven't leveled to 70 yet, like a katar or two and revolvers and knuckles etc etc so they could have something adequate when they reached that level. I see that to get an exchanged weapon they have to be 70, so if that's most likely gonna stick no exceptions I'd like to know so I can hurry and try to get those to 70 real fast before this event xD

Edited by Vyneka
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Vyneka said:

Cool cool, I like the premise of this more creative approach to compensation. Looking forward to see what it and the list looks like as it gets closer.

EDIT: oh but one thing just throwing it out there not a request or anything; I have a few crimson weapons I farmed for alts around 60ish that I haven't leveled to 70 yet, like a katar or two and revolvers and knuckles etc etc so they could have something adequate when they reached that level. I see that to get an exchanged weapon they have to be 70, so if that's most likely gonna stick no exceptions I'd like to know so I can hurry and try to get those to 70 real fast before this event xD

Considering our immediate number and vicinity of players, I don't see why we can't extend or have a little leeway on that date. Don't worry : 3

3 minutes ago, Nyx said:

i dont see crimson staff on the list

Thanks for pointing it out  xD

While the post is being updated for that mistake, 

*Crimson Staff --> Soul Staff [0]*

^ To clear any doubts, for the time being.

• Like 1

when does this start and what gms do we go to?

and clarification on the bundles. any and all weapons can be turned in towards bundles?

example, if i turn in a crimson rod on a wizard, a bow on a hunter, a book priest and a 2h sword on a knight but have several other weapons for other classes that aren't lvl 70 and on the same account, do i still get to turn those weapons in for bundles? i say this because this was asked to me and even im unsure how this works. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nyx said:

i dont see crimson staff on the list

I don't see my pusseh on the list. Can you upload it GMs? Thank you, here's a pic...

Pixiebob-cat.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1